Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons

Hello,
    I surf, paddle surf and snowboard. I would like to learn how to foil surf in small, bad, uncrowded areas. I’m in Hermosa Beach, CA. Where could I go to get a lesson and get a better (and safer) feel for the sport? I understand the importance of good lessons to make a strong over and less safe learning curve. Thank you!

...to make a much safer learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by sternm View Post
      Hello,
      I surf, paddle surf and snowboard. I would like to learn how to foil surf in small, bad, uncrowded areas. I’m in Hermosa Beach, CA. Where could I go to get a lesson and get a better (and safer) feel for the sport? I understand the importance of good lessons to make a strong over and less safe learning curve. Thank you!
      Your best bet would probably be getting behind a boat or a jetski. The more time you can spend getting up on the board and not worrying about waves, paddling, etc... The better off you'll be.

Another resource for you would be http://www.foil-academy.com/. Although I haven't used them myself, I've heard others recommend it as well.

I'd also suggest making sure you have the right protective equipment especially while you're learning. In particular, get yourself a helmet and impact vest just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X